Friday, October 3, 2008

In Over Your Head

Here's a post from the LifeChurch.tv blog by Brian Kruckentberg, aka “Kruck,” is the LifeChurch.tv Mesa Campus Pastor in Arizona. Enjoy his insights…

Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not a straw whether they be clergymen or laymen; such alone will shake the gates of hell and set up the kingdom of heaven on earth. God does nothing but in answer to prayer. — John Wesley

In the past, I’ve talked about the importance of prayer and sometimes it didn’t really come from a deep conviction within me. But, lately God is showing me just how much I need Him and how I must rely on Him through prayer. I’m learning that the only way to allow God to truly use you is to be in over your head. From Abraham, to Moses, to David, to Ester, to Paul, we see time and time again God showing His power through men and women who earnestly sought God to accomplish what they could never do on their own. As the Campus Pastor in Phoenix, I’ve come to clearly see that I cannot do what needs to be done. There are too many people to meet with, too many to encourage, too many hurting, too many to mentor … you get the point. I can’t, but God working through me can. It is a humble feeling to know that I’m in over my head and that God is filling in the gaps and using our staff to accomplish some amazing things. I am scared, yet excited, after coming face to face with the fact that I can’t do it without God. I feel completely inadequate yet incredibly energized at the same time.

I don’t know where all of you are in your journey with Jesus but I do know this: God wants to do something through you that is much bigger than you and you cannot do it … without Him. If you are not there already, get in over your head and let God take over. It is a cool place to be. I love it.

No comments: