Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Lord Upholds My Life

Psalm 54 (English Standard Version)


The Lord Upholds My Life

To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. A Maskil of David, when the Ziphites went and told Saul, "Is not David hiding among us?"

1 O God, save me by your name,
   and vindicate me by your might.
2 O God, hear my prayer;
   give ear to the words of my mouth.
3 For strangers have risen against me;
   ruthless men seek my life;
   they do not set God before themselves.
          Selah

4 Behold, God is my helper;
   the Lord is the upholder of my life.
5 He will return the evil to my enemies;
   in your faithfulness put an end to them.

6 With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you;
   I will give thanks to your name, O LORD, for it is good.
7 For he has delivered me from every trouble,
   and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies.

No comments: